Apple put on a great show today and even had a few surprises, with it’s completely redesigned Mac Pro as well as the new Mac OS X Maverick software. All eyes was on iOS 7 though, and it certainly stole the show, and we’ll see how people react as it’s slowly is unrolled to the developer beta.
- Steve Wozniak is in the crowd, going to be an exciting event.
- Anki was announced, a new bluetooth car that has a crazy AI
Mac OS X – Maverick
- New name of OS X will be California theme starting with the latest being called OS X Mavericks.
- New features include a Finder Tabs – full screen, Tagging – now has tags, tag documents, makes searching easier, Multiple Displays – docks and menu bar in both displays. Basically act independent of each other. Also drag and drop screens between multiple monitors with mission control. A lot of under the hood changes. App nap, 72% less CPU activity, compress memory.
- New safari, shared links, a lot faster safari. Less memory usage. Way less energy usage when inactive. New sidebar with bookmarks.
- iCloud keychain.
- Notifications revamped, reply within messages and delete emails without going into apps.
- New calendar – Suggest places near by. Travel times.
- New maps app.
- Finally an iBooks app
- iWork in the Cloud.
- New iWork suites
- Mavericks will be released this fall to the general public.
- New MacBook Air, all day battery life. 13inch, 12hrs of battery life, with .ac wifi.
- New AirPort Extremes
- 11in $999
- New Mac Pro
- Redesigned, cool video introduction.
- All black, he says, “can’t innovate anymore my ass”.
- Thunderbolt 2
- Supports 4k displays
- Really small 1/8 geek orgasm ha
- Complete redesign
- Control center. Have all your airplane mode and Bluetooth
- Multitasking for all apps intelligent scheduling, updates app automatically.
- Safari brand new
- All flat design new colors unified. All new apps
- Airdrop, share with people right around you, no more Samsung Galaxy S3 haha. Makes a joke about it.
- Camera, with live photo filters, Moments and collections, Photo collection in years too now, shared photo streams and videos now too
- New voices, and new ui for Siri, a lot smarter. Answer a lot more questions.
- Nearby apps, updates apps automatically.
- iTunes Radio App
- Free with ads or paid version with iTunes Match