Preceding the Upcoming Nintendo Direct that comes out tomorrow, Nintendo just pushed out a system update with a ton of new feature, one key feature being the ability to play Wii games on the gamepad.
- The ability to automatically receive recommended demos and software using SpotPass.
- The ability to disable Nintendo ID use via smartphone or web browser
- USB keyboard support
- A dedicated friend list icon on the Wii U Menu
- Support for Dolby Pro Logic II Surround Sound when playing Wii software
- Users can chat via a headset plugged into the GamePad (for Wii U Chat)
- Internet Browser improvements
- Overall system stability improvements